- A check for (amount of money): She gave me a check for $50.
- A demand for something: There wasn’t enough demand for the product.
- A need for something: In the class, a real need for discipline is evident.
- A reason for doing something: I have a reason for doing that.
- A rise in something: A rise in prices has occurred.
- A fall in something: A fall in prices affected the employees.
- A decrease in something: We have seen decreases in production levels.
- A cause of something: She is the cause of all his problems.
- A photograph or a picture of something or someone: He took a picture of the girl.
- The damage to something: I did a lot of damage to my car.
- An invitation to an activity: We were invited to their wedding.
- A reaction to something: Her reaction to his behavior was funny.
- A solution to a problem: He provided the solution to our issue.
- An attitude to something: Your attitude to your problems is lousy.
- A relationship with someone or something: The relationship with my dog is fun.
- A connection with someone or something: His connection with the city is limited.
- A contact with someone or something: Have you had contact with Sarah?
- A connection between two things: There is no connection between the two ideas.
- A relationship between two things: The relationship between the two is strong.
- A contact between two things: There is little contact between the two parents.
- A difference between two things: There is no difference between those two colors.
- In a garden
- In a room
- In the sea
- In a river
- In a row
- In a queue
- Stay in Taiwan
- Work in Taipei
- In April
- In 2014
- In a few weeks
- In a few hours
- At the bus-stop
- At the door
- At the top
- At the bottom
- At the back of the class
- At the front of class
- At the cinema
- At work
- At 10:30
- At two pm
- On the table
- On the desk
- On Maui
- On Green Island
- On the left
- One the right
- On Monday
- On Tuesday
- On Halloween
- On October 29th
- Go to work
- Drive to Las Vegas
- For three weeks
- For many months
- While I was watching TV
- While I lived in New York
- During class
- During my vacation
- 房間的角落為「in the corner of a room」，街道的角落為「at the corner of a street」。
- 建築物的前方以「in the front of buildings」表達，後方以「at the back of buildings」表達。
- 一張紙的正面以「on the front of a piece of paper」表達，背面以「on the back of a piece of paper」表達。
|At first||By accident||For now||From now on||Under age||Without fail|
|At least||By far||For instance||From then on||Under control||Without notice|
|At most||By all means||For example||From bad to worse||Under the impression||Without exception|
|At times||By heart||For sale||From my point of view||Under guarantee||Without someone’s consent|
|At any rate||By chance||For a while||From what I understand||Under the influence of||Without success|
|At last||By and by||For the moment||From personal experience||Under obligation||Without warning|
|At the latest||By the way||For ages||Under suspicion|
|At once||By the time||For a change||Under his thumb|
|At short notice||By no means||For better or worse||Under discussion|
|At an advantage||By name||Under consideration|
|At a disadvantage||By sight|
|At risk||By now|
|At a profit||By then|
|At a loss|
本篇文章改編自美國中北大學寫作中心（North Central University Writing Center）的〈修改草稿風格〉（Revising the Draft for Style）一節。