WE ARE HIRING
Wallace Academic Editing Recruitment
Wallace Academic Editing is at the forefront of the Asian academic language solutions industry and offers numerous services, such as editing, translation, and publication support services, primarily for nonnative English speakers. In addition, we hold conferences and have published books to help authors publish their research in international journals. Founded by Dr. Steve Wallace in 2006, Wallace Academic Editing specializes in academic English editing and translation services and has processed thousands of manuscripts and helped numerous Asian researchers realize their publishing goals.
Full-time In-house Academic Editor Wanted in Taipei, Taiwan
About the Job
Wallace Academic Editing edits and translates papers from over 100 universities and research institutes.
We specialize in academic editing and translation and seek applicants who enjoy writing and clarifying English.
Interest in cutting-edge academic research is a plus.
- Full-time in-house position is located in Taipei, Taiwan.
- Our diverse, multinational team improves and polishes manuscripts in the engineering, medicine, science, and social science domains.
- New editors receive practical training in academic writing convention, grammar, and style.
- After an initial probation period, editors receive a generous monthly performance bonus.
- Established, reliable editors may be eligible to work remotely and maintain a full-time salary anywhere, such as beautiful destinations in and around Taiwan.
What You’ll Do
- Edit academic research papers for Taiwanese, Chinese, and Japanese researchers.
- Wield native-level English and writing proficiency to improve grammar and expression in academic manuscripts intended for publication in international journals.
- Become an expert on academic conventions, grammar points, and style.
- Provide comments to authors to improve their future writing.
- Apply style manuals and journal guidelines to ensure manuscripts adhere to academic and publisher expectations.
- Attend regular meetings to discuss geeky language points with editors from around the world.
- Incorporate feedback from regular peer evaluation.
Relocate to Beautiful Taiwan
- Native English ability
- Four-year degree plus either graduate degree or two-years relevant (editing, writing) work experience.
- Attention to detail.
- High proficiency in written English, including clarity and conciseness of expression in addition to typical rules, such as grammar and punctuation.
- Fondness for language and technical subject matter.
- Ability to handle and apply constructive feedback for self-improvement.
- Familiarity with errors of nonnative or informal writers of academic English.
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines.
- High pace of reading/typing and ability to use Word macros and other heuristics to simplify and expedite common processes.
How to Apply
Because we hold high quality standards, our editors must pass all steps of a multi-step application process:
- Online objective test of basic grammar, language, and punctuation skills.
- Short sample edit.
- Interview, either in person or via Skype, to meet candidates, discuss particulars of the job and life in Taipei, and provide editing feedback.
- Second sample edit (1500–2000 words) as a final test of abilities in editing and applying feedback to improve.
We also accept applications for freelance work. Freelance editors begin live, paid work for evaluation after passing Step 2.
- If you think you’re up to the challenge and you’re ready to start enjoying Taipei, please go to the website below to start the first step!!
- Deliver timely translation papers as assigned
- Deliver translation papers of consistent and acceptable quality
- Implement suggestions provided by editor and proofreader evaluations;
- Follow instructions provided by CS regarding assigned cases
- Make necessary and appropriate adjustments/accommodations to departmental requirements regarding occasional proofreading responsibilities,
scheduling changes, translation tool implementation, etc.
Provide in house training courses.
Job Skills Required
- Native ability in English
- Detail-oriented style
- Ability to correct non-native academic writing errors
- Able to fluently translate academic papers while retaining their themes and core ideas
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s preferred
- Experience in literature search using the Internet
- Experience in academic writing (e.g., dissertation or thesis)
- Detail-oriented, willingness to learn, ability to work independently
There are 4 steps of The Recruitment Process for about 1 month
- Online Objective Test (~30 to 60 minutes)
- Editing Test I (~700 words)
- Online Interview (~30 to 60 minutes)
- Editing Test II (~1500 words x 2 rounds)
Wallace Academic Editing currently edits and translates papers from over 100 universities and research institutes in Taiwan.
We specialize in academic editing and translation and invite applications from those who love editing and are familiar with academic writing.
To know more about us, please visit: https://www.editing.tw/translating.html
Please apply through 104 link here https://www.104.com.tw/job/2viel?jobsource=jolist_b_relevance
Please use “Academic Translator_your name” in the subject line. In your e-mail,
please remember to mention the website on which you found our posting.
We thank you for your interest, but only the most qualified candidates will be sent a brief sample to translate;
interviews will be subsequently scheduled with those applicants whose performance on the sample edit are up to our recruitment standards.
© Copyright 2003-2022 Wallace Academic Editing - All Rights Reserved